Almost time to go

Six of us rode horses 2-1/2 hours into the Teton Wilderness last month, and all 6 of us tagged out by the second morning with nice 6x6 bulls, the largest measuring 332" gross. Simply amazing country!
View attachment 218191

Not trying to hijack the thread, but who was your outfitter? I am saving up for a trip like that. Need to get it done while I am young enough that it doesn't kill me.

It is getting close! Me and the wife are hunting with Lee Livingston 3rd season. Will be hunting the thoroughfare! Excited and nervous at the same time. Dreading the 6.5 hours of horse ride to camp. Maybe this will be our year. Have hunted with 3 different outfitters in 3 different states and never seen a branch antler bull! Had terrible weather each time. Our last hunt we both got spikes on last day. And yes after 3 years of nothing they were trophies to us. Will let you know how we did.
Check some stables in your area to see if you can get some hours in a saddle, I know this will sound weird but buy some pantyhose to wear under your pants it will definitely help with the chafing and wish you the best of luck

Thanks for the wish of good luck. Honestly we have had such amazing experiences on all those hunts together that I could live with any branch antler bull. Just being able to do it together is worth the price of admission. I was in a bad bike wreck was never supposed walk or talk again and then was diagnosed with cancer . So we truly enjoy every moment we can together.
God bless you. Keep swing'n

Do you know if you are going in the Deer Creek Trail side? Don't forget your bear spray. Separately, take a real camera (besides a phone) and take as many pictures as possible. I did this and am pretty fortunate to have a lot of memories that might have gotten lost in the sensory overload.

FYI - it is Thorofare. If you get to the center of it, you are in the most remote spot in the lower 48.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3rd season. As a WYO resident it is just a season here. Perhaps you are the third client going out?

Good luck on your hunt , I have hunted with Lee , you will have a good hunt , You can purchase A sheep skin looking pad that fits over the saddle and straps on , I also cut two carpet pads that fit between saddle and pad , very comfy , some will tease you but you won't be sore , I have had many offers to buy after long rides in , good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.