All hunters using Allen Precision Shooting rifles, please read....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
To all my customers using APS rifles or handguns,

While hunting in Idaho with Shawn Carlock this past November he showed me something very interesting, he had recorded all his customers that had taken big game at ranges past 300 yards with his rifles.

I thought as a rifle builder that would be very interesting as well to keep track of such accomplishments of my customers.

So, if you have an Allen Magnum or any other rifle made by me in any chambering, if you could just reply by giving a quick discription including the chambering, range and critter taken so I can start a similiar record book. If you have taken more then one animal at over 300 yards, please include information on each critter taken.

I am thinking about doing an APS Longest kill of the year award type thing which would start next year. Nothing big, $50 credit for the shop or something like that. Still have to decide on the ethical issues doing this on big game so it may or may not happen yet.

Anyway, of you could reply to me at the e-mail address below when you get a chance I would greatly appreciate it. I know the list is already pretty long but want to try to get everyone on the list that has taken big game at over 300 yards with one of my APS firearms.

Thank you for your time,

Kirby Allen(50)

Well I will happily shoot you the details, do you want them here or to your e-mail?

Also in the case of the rifle you built me, I am calling it my "Heavy Varmint Rig", so the ethics thing probably won't come into play for me. I am basing my definition on the following site,
Varmint rifle

Since I specifically had you build it to anchor hogs at LR. I do however need to work on my LR approach, the last one was only about 75 yds and wasn't a pretty site.

ANyway here is the dope on mine,
270AMRight.jpg

30" Lilja Stainless #7 contour – 1-8" Twist
Remington Magnum Receiver - accurized
Holland lug
Holland Brake
Matte finish barrel
Match grade striker assembly
Jewell Trigger adjusted to 1#
H-S Precision Stock w/ extra swivel stud - Grey with Black Web
Burris base/Sig rings – with +20 insert set,
Nightforce - 5.5x22x50

Longest kill so far, but I am ready to at least double that hopefully soon.
P4010017.jpg

Not money, a hat! Now wouldn't Mike look snazzy in that picture of the pig with a black baseball cap with gold lettering that said "APS" "Ft Shaw, Mt".

Then he could get a T-shirt that said "Where the h*ll is Ft Shaw?"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HA!! Best chuckle of the day!

Kirby...I'll send along my details. Guessing that APS handguns count also?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

soon as i get my 338-300rum i plan on adding some to this post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif hury hury /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i did take a coyote at 540 yrds with a savage 300wsm that i built this weekend story will be coming soon

Mike

WOW! Tell me that pig has been gralloched by knife rather than purely from the terminal the results of a 169.5 ULD, I am waiting for delivery of some of thos bullets myself, if that is what they do I can't wait.

Jonathan

Nitro,

That was the first one that I reached out and touched with the then new rifle. I hit it a little low but still just up behind the shoulder. It basically blew everything from the sternum back out as you see.

I took one at about 75yds this past Sunday with a similar result.

They are pretty devestating on the hogs with thier tough hide. I might try one out on a deer sometime if I find the right one.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth. I've only found a handful of folks who knew where Ft Shaw is since moving to Montana. (would also, for the record, prefer a nice APS Longest Shot of the Year hat/shirt to money)

Off the side note, if I get lucky I may have an entry myself after I get to hunt late season over my Christmas break.

Kirby, I have sent you pictures of all the critters killed with mine so far. May add a doe or two before the year is over. I think it is almost as much fun sitting to the side watching soemone else operate it as it is doing it yourself.........almost. I refer to mine as "Big A", hopefully little "A" will be in the works in the future, maybe "Sheep Rifle From He**" would be a better name.

Well, I've only got one APS rifle so far but it has accounted for an antelope at 1068 yards, a bull elk at 1302 yards, and a deer buck at 1059 yards. Unfortunately, I do not have the link to them but I'm sure you can find the posts here a few pages back. Or possibly someone can make a link here for you.

Good luck with the advertising. If I can do anything else for you, send me an email.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.