Alberta Whitetail hunt, 7mm Allen Mag results.....

Re: Congrats on your hunt and results.....

SS,

Look forward to your report, happy the XP performed for you as well. Seems the 200 gr ULD RBBT are consistant over a wide velocity range.

Get that report posted, can't wait.

Kirby Allen(50)

Just saw i didn't post the scope/reticle i used-- 3-12X Burris LER BP reticle. Shot was 2.6 MOA trajectory compensation (1.5 stadia units) with a 235 yd. zero. Might've been point blank range with some of these rigs here.

Kirby I was going to tell you that I shot a doe at 10 yards through the neck with then j4 jacket 200wc and it went through the spine and left a 50cent piece size whole on the exit side. This was with my 7mm stw pushing the bullet at 2895fps. But like an idiot I forgot to take pictures of the exit hole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Glad to hear your trip worked out.

Dave,

Sorry, I missed your post.

A Canadian resident can be a "Hunter Host" to a non resident Alien hunter, one time every three years. The hunter host must be with the hunter at all times in the field.

There is a bit of paper work that needs to be done on both ends and must be done by a certain time of year.

Other then that, I believe you either need to go through a Guide service or have a relative that lives in Canada.

Kirby Allen(50)

Great Job Kirby..What A nice buck.
Although I have been handloading for many years- i see there is a great deal I have to learn from you guys. So, I will watch and learn more than I will be writing. But I have learned much already and am appreciative of all you guys .
Take care:
Leep Out

I think the sorry dog is up in Canada chasing a some wolves right now. Be patient and he'll get back w/you. Provided he doesn't get eaten!!!

He will probably shoot Bill Bailey for calling him
a sorry dog! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.