Affordable Exotic Hunts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lerch, Mar 31, 2006.

1. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Well the big game season is over for me and I am already getting bored. We have been going on a few hog hunts here lately but I am getting interested in some of these exotic hunts, exspecially after that auodad hunt, nice looking animal.

DO any of you guys have experince with exotic hunts around the Oklahoma, I know there are some nice ones offered in Texas and New Mexico. I have NO experince with these animals and I really dont know what would be fun and exciting to hunt. I would like a close to fair chase as possible and something that is a kinda unique looking animal.

Just wanted to hear you guys opinions on the matter

thanks
    steve

2. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

"as close to fair chase as possible"

Will It go like this?

Bill "Steve see that one over there?"
    Steve "Yes, you think he's a shooter?"
    Bill "Well I never seen horns that big on a goat before."
    Steve "I'm going to take him!"
    Bill "Excuse me sir. Yes we like that one, Can you let him out of the pen." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just messin with ya Lerch.

3. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

[ QUOTE ]
    Bill "Excuse me sir. Yes we like that one, Can you let him out of the pen."

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the pen in out of the screen on the video, that is all we care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!! Maybe we could get them to tie one up w/baling wire or something. It shouldn't be noticable @ 1000 yds, should it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

4. dog caller

dog caller Well-Known Member

Isn't there a big zoo in OKC? Surely you guys sell night vision scopes at your store. If you can't edit the enclosures out of your videos, send them to me. I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a friend that is due back today from a nilgai (blue bull) hunt down in the Junction, TX area. I will see if I can get pictures and info for you. I would like a blackbuck. They sure do look pretty on a wall. Probably cheaper than the nilgai, too.

5. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Actually, the OKC zoo has rifleshooters! Have to have the handlers trained in case stuff gets out. I talked most of them into getting nosler partitions for their rifles. Very strange to see the zoo van, complete with animals painted on the outside, in front of a gunrange. A couple of them could shoot, but with most of them, id rather take my chances with the critter without the added fun of bullets inbound.