Advice on Scope Welcomed

The Burris Eliminator doesn't take video,I got a first generation it's reticle is not lite up ,I think the new ones are 3 generation or 4 th ,mine a 4x12 it's fast Lazer works great and it's never broke down ,to step brothers owned the second generation that had the lighted dot that moved up or down the retical ,depending on the yard Lazzed,glass was a little better brighter and Lazer improved meaning faster. The newer ones are 4x16x50& 3x12 by 42 maybe .

You can find better prices than 2200. Yep. I'm seriously considering selling my ATACR and switching to a leupold. Their customer service is second to none. That does a lot for me.
Ya so is vortex but I'd rather not have to deal with them. Hence nightforce. I have both brands and for me it would never think to trade my nightforce for a Leupold. It may just be my small sample size but I've never had any issues with any nightforce I've owned. Can't say that about leupold.

The Burris Eliminator doesn't take video,I got a first generation it's reticle is not lite up ,I think the new ones are 3 generation or 4 th ,mine a 4x12 it's fast Lazer works great and it's never broke down ,to step brothers owned the second generation that had the lighted dot that moved up or down the retical ,depending on the yard Lazzed,glass was a little better brighter and Lazer improved meaning faster. The newer ones are 4x16x50& 3x12 by 42 maybe .
This is a great scope of legal for hunting in her area.
the 3 is very good and works incredibly well. I have put them on several older guys scopes who will never be able to figure out dialing. My dad for one uses it. He went from being somewhat confident in 300 yard shot to 100 percent confident in 500-600 yards shots.
Only downfall was glass was only ok. Now the newest 5 is supposed to correct that. Have not looked through one but curious as it is pretty hard to argue with how well they work. While I'm ranging and dialing they are already sending seeds.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to shooting.
Having moved from a large city, and never shooting a gun before, to living on a huge acreage, and now a gun owner.

I first bought a 22 long rifle, then a lever 30-30, but a couple weeks ago bought a Christensen Ridgeline 7mm PRC.
My new Christensen is what I want to get the scope for.
My budget is up to $5000, I've heard there are scopes that cost triple that, but they're not for me.
I know that I want at least a 50mm if not 56mm so it is bright. Magnification from say 3, 4, or 5, up to 24 or more.

Do any good scopes have built in range finders?

I'm not very good at guessing distances.

Will any scope fit on my rifle?

I have shot a few peoples rifles this past year with scopes on them, and noticed a huge amount of quality difference when looking through them, between cheap, and more expensive.

The beauty of a rangefinder is you can use it with
Your iron sighted guns also. My last ridgeline build
Has a night force NX-8. About 2k american.
Best of luck and enjoy the good life. I would ask your
Boss if he would let you hunt bucks..lol.
Happy holidays

Hello 'Small Lady': I wonder what the weight of your rifle is, and how does it fit you..? With your chosen caliber, you may wish to practice with lower-grain bullets so a flinch doesn't develop in relatively new shooters.

Lots of good advice here for you on scopes, so take your time picking one out before putting your cash down on the barrel head! Depending on the light conditions shooters encounter, consider illuminated reticles as well. You should be able to get a very good rifle optic for $1000.00 bucks or so.

In Alberta, I shop Bass Pro, Cabelas in Calgary or Edmonton, and I've also bought shooting and hunting equipment from Prophet River Arms in Lloydminster in their huge new store. A good number of sportsmen/ladies from stateside drop in here prior to their hunts for perusal of supplies, etc. as per their outfitters' recommendations.

Best of luck..!

$5000 Canadian is $3700 American.

So a range finder, if built into a scope, would be illegal?

Good to know, I guess then I also buy and carry a range finder.

I will be carrying it, I love walking in the woods.

I grew up in a big city, stayed there too long.

Moved to the country in June 2021 when I took a new job, best thing that ever happened to me.
I live on a 9000 acre property owned by my boss, and am his personal assistant. This is not a Hollywood movie job, where I get him coffee, and pick up his dry cleaning.
My job description is that I do anything and everything.
Week 1 i learned how to saddle and ride a horse, drive a tractor, a semi truck, excavator, manual transmission vehicles, dirt bike, ATV, round up cattle, fly a drone, unclog a water pump, pour concrete footings, and shoot a 22, but that was a warm up for the 2 plus years since. My confidence has grown a million times over, and my boss doesn't treat me like a 93 pound girl, but sees me as an equal.
Since then he bought me a Henry 30-30 and taught me to shoot with sights, I'm not bad at it, fly his airplane and helicopter, run every piece of equipment he owns, and gives me a lot of responsibility.

I like shooting his bigger guns as well, so bought myself a 7mm.
Do I know much about guns, no I don't, so here i am to learn.

So happy to no longer be an RN, and living the country lifestyle.
Would your nickname be "Teeter". :)

Tijicons, Credois lighter and more affordable than most scopes mentioned above.Credo is $$$ and Tenmile is $$$$
Look at rokslide scope evaluations.Tijicons,Nightforce and Swfa survived.Leupold,Zco and a few other $$$$ didn't do well in drop test and vehicle rides.

So for those who missed the posts about me buying a Leupold, I am posting this again, I bought a Leupold, and like it very much.
Zero it @ 100yds. With a gold color sharpie put a vertical mark on the elevation and wind
knob, Then go to a known 200 yd and zero there, same thing mark the knobs. If you plan on shooting beyond 200 yds then mark the elevation knob accordingly. High power shooters do this for repeatability @ short line
and 600 yard line. Helps to eliminate a lot of snafu. HTH.

I just got another Sightron 4-20X50 STac for just under $300. Real happy, they sold out fast. I plan to get or make a tape-on replacement for the windage dial that will provide -..3-2-1-0 +1+2+3.. A zero stop would be really nice & I might make one.

I put the scope on a 7.7 twist .22-.250 shooting 75 ELDM's at 3200 fps. Excellent tracking on these scopes.

So, after about 10 or 12 years of use, I removed my Leopold VX3 in 2.5X to 8 X on a 1inch main tube from my Weatherby Ultralight rifle, in 270 Win, and I re-place the scope this past summer with a new Leupold VX 5 3X to 15X on a 30mm main tube. Purchased new Leupold 30mm Steel Rings medium height , about $48.00 and mounted and Bore Sight the new scope. A Simple and easy swap. I also ordered the FREE CDL turret for my specific 130 grn. Ballistic tip load, Lab Radar say's 3028 / 3026 fps But I use 3000 FPS for the math. I Range Tested it at 100 ,200 and 300 yards, and back to 100 yards. Turret Tracks perfectly. !! I hunted with it this week in North Carolina. Shot an 8 point at 264 yards. It was about 38 degrees early in the morning as the sun came up. Scope was sharp and clear, and the red dot was helpful in the ground fog Very nice scope!!!! It worked perfectly. It was an open box so the customer could see the cross hairs !! Never mounted and came with all paperwork. $1800.00 .

Attachments

• IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 23