Advice on Replacing my ATACR with another Scope!

I've got a VX6 3-18x50 and I have not noticed my power ring to be too hard to turn at all. Overall I love that scope.

Bigngreen, how much is that March scope?? I assumed it was in the $3k+ price range well above even the ATACR.... More money than I'm willing to spend on a scope.

There running $2500 right now, I really like them and in some of the testing in tunnels they are holding zero better than most optics, great magnification range for hunting, probably the simplest zero stop set up on any high end optic. It's the right size as well, I like the ATACR but it's to big for my hunting, the March is perfect IMO.

March scopes are as good as it gets for a lightweight hunting scope. I have a 2.5-25x42 and a 2.5-25x52, as well as a FFP 5-40x52. I spent a lot of time researching the scope for my custom 338 Lapua and chose the 2.5-25x52 March. If I had to do it again after 3 years experience with March scopes I would undoubtedly make the same choice.

Not being able to compare the two side by side, how much smaller is the NSX 5.5x22x50 compred to the ATACR.

Also waiting to see the new Vortex Razor AMG!

OP,
I shoot the NXS 5.5-22 SFP and it's a phenomenal scope. The MOAR reticle should be great for accurate hold over on game provided you can use it at max power. Also the reticle is a bit thick at .140 moa which will likely be a plus for hunting was well as it is very easy to pick up, even on dark backgrounds. Something that may affect your decision is the illumination of the scopes. I'm not familiar with the Vortex but I really like the NF set up. Set it and forget it. By using the parallax knob to control illum. they eliminated one more thing to fumble with/get caught etc. Also the power change is a huge win for NF. Instead of fumbling for the power change ring, just grab the whole ocular housing and crank it where you want it.

Vortex makes a great product, but I'm obviously partial to the NF.

Hope that helps,
Mike

Thanks for that Mike! I am leaning towards the nsx but wanted to be open minded about others.
Yes, the ATACR is incredible but huge on my gun.
The Vortex AMG looks promising but isn't out yet.
It will be in classified soon!

For comparison; top is a March 2.5-25x42
Leupold VX6 3-18x50
NXS 3.5-15x56
ATACR 5-25x56
SIII 6-24x50
Obviously the NF has the shades on but the thing that really sticks out is the turrets. The 34mm tube doesn't look so huge in the photo but it is. The VX6 has target turrets, not the standard low profile ones. I'm liking the March more and more.

Attachments

• scope.jpg
    scope.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 143
  • scope2.png
    scope2.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 148
Thanks for taking that pic for mr Wedgy!

That NSX looks pretty big...even next to the ATACR!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.