Advice for fine tuning my loads

One thing I always do is after I weigh out on my rcbs chargemaster, I fine tune on my dillon balance beam,every load. Might be one to as many as four or five kernels, not grains, but kernels of powder, long or short. I get plus or minus 6 feet per second standard deviation in chronographed velocity with this method.

I'll second the recommendation to buy Shawn's video. If nothing else his tip on how to measure to the ogive, seat the bullet and then fine tune each one so that the length to the ogive is the same for each one is worth the cost of the DVD.

I had his DVD up and running on the computer on my reloading bench the first time I did some of the things he recommends. Since then it has become second nature.

I'll second the recommendation to buy Shawn's video. If nothing else his tip on how to measure to the ogive, seat the bullet and then fine tune each one so that the length to the ogive is the same for each one is worth the cost of the DVD.

I had his DVD up and running on the computer on my reloading bench the first time I did some of the things he recommends. Since then it has become second nature.

I ordered the reloading video and the 2 Send It video's. Thanks for the advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.