Advantages to titinium bushings?

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Is there an advantage? This will be for a Redding 6br die. I can almost get 2 for one if I go w/the steel. Should I go w/titanium over the steel?

Well..................

I have quite a few Redding titanium bushings. I figured that they would last forever and save me the trouble of lubricating (and cleaning the lube off of) the necks.

At one point I noticed that I was having some concentricity problems. When I called Redding, one of their recommendations was to lube the necks even when titanium bushings are used. I have since been using Imperial sizing wax on the necks.

Makes me wonder if there is any reason, whatsoever, to pony up the extra bucks for titanium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Bill ,if there is an advantage,it would be that if you're too lazy to lube your case necks the Titanium Nitride will let you size them with out lube (according to Redding).I have some of each and when lubing with Imperial Die Wax its hard to tell the differance. Save your money Bill!!!
--------7mmrhb

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.