redding bushings

bob4

Decided to go with quality dies for my 270 and thinking about Redding ( Competion set) or Forster.
Looking at the Redding bushing they say: " To determine proper Bushing size...measure the outside neck diameter of a loaded cartridge with a precision micrometer, then subtract .001" to .002", to allow for brass spring back and bullet tension." That part is easy enough. Looking at this on Midway site. I'm not sure I understand as I'm not given a choice on Bushing size. What am I not understanding?
ALSO: Are the Titanium Nitride worth the few extra bucks?
Thanks for any help.
Redding Neck Sizer Die Bushing 270 Diameter Titanium Nitride

The bushings are listed separately further down in Midways sometimes confusing data. The nitride bushing is better and IMO worth the money-- when you are sure you have the right neck tension for your load. The steel work fine using a good lube on neck. You could then upgrade to the nitride. I use Imperial dry lube even on nitride bushings for more consistent bullet release. I prefer the Redding die & bushings. Hope this helps

got it figured out. Type in the search box "277" diameter bushing... 278 diameter bushing... 279 diameter bushing ect

Sometimes you just have to scroll thru them all if search doesn't find them. Be sure to get a good loaded nk measurement. sometimes .001 tension works and sometimes it will shoot better with .002.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.