add on scope knobs?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by ramcat, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ramcat

ramcat Member

I've got a Leupold VX3, 6-24x50 European model that doesn't have clickable turrets. I'm wondering if the Stoney Point knobs are a good choice or if I should just send it back to Leupold and have them take care of it. Or is there another option that I should consider?? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

ramcat

"Be good, and you will be lonesome"

2. Bill Maylor

Bill Maylor Well-Known Member

I would find out from Leupold what kind of turrets they can install. If you like the style terrets I would let Leupold install them and check the tracking. If you dont like the style turrets I would buy another scope with the features your looking for. Bill Maylor..

3. NWdan

NWdan Well-Known Member

Ramcat,

On my first long range rifle I intalled the stoney point turret on a Leupold VX III 3.5x10 and it worked well. I still swap it around between a 22-250 and a backup .300 winchester magnum that wears an older Leupold 4.5x14 during hunting season. It works great and has made the difference on several hunts. I don't think it is quite as robust as a factory installed turret, but like I said it works. If you decide to use it be careful not to overtighten or strip the set screws. I snug them up and check them once in awhile to be sure they haven't loosed up.