add on scope knobs?

ramcat

I've got a Leupold VX3, 6-24x50 European model that doesn't have clickable turrets. I'm wondering if the Stoney Point knobs are a good choice or if I should just send it back to Leupold and have them take care of it. Or is there another option that I should consider?? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

ramcat

"Be good, and you will be lonesome"

I would find out from Leupold what kind of turrets they can install. If you like the style terrets I would let Leupold install them and check the tracking. If you dont like the style turrets I would buy another scope with the features your looking for. Bill Maylor..

Ramcat,

On my first long range rifle I intalled the stoney point turret on a Leupold VX III 3.5x10 and it worked well. I still swap it around between a 22-250 and a backup .300 winchester magnum that wears an older Leupold 4.5x14 during hunting season. It works great and has made the difference on several hunts. I don't think it is quite as robust as a factory installed turret, but like I said it works. If you decide to use it be careful not to overtighten or strip the set screws. I snug them up and check them once in awhile to be sure they haven't loosed up.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.