Action choice for custom 7mm WSM Long Range Rifle

Ronin

Ok, I have settled on a 7mm WSM for my next custom rifle, it will be have a Border 5R stainless barrel possibly a 9 twist, a Macmillan A5 stock, Badger / HS or similar bottom metal and magazine. and a Jewel or Shillen trigger - this much I know.

Now I want to decide on a suitable action, I already have a couple of blueprinted Rem 700's and would rather have a full custom rifle made, so with that in mind, I have the following choices, (they are not in preferance):

1, Nesika M

2, Surgeon Tactical

3, BAT RS / L Repeater

4, Barnard SM

5, Hansen Medium (improved Rem 700 design)

All the above actions are a similar cost and offer excellent accuracy potential. I want a repeater as the rifle will be used as a Long Range hunter and I would also like to extract every little last bit of accuracy - hence the choice of action.

What does everone think would be the most prudent choice?

Oh, I will be using 160 grain through to 200 grain bullets.

Thanks Andy

Go with BAT, I have two. They are very nice and smooth. You will be very happy if you choose the BAT, however, they are all nice actions. I just believe the BAT is the best. Good luck with your choice.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts