Accurate 4064 data for 22-250 and 70 grain Berger VLD

highfinblue

You all know how hard it is to find components nowadays and I recently purchased a Bergara HMR Left Hand 22-250. Put a TriggerTech trigger in it and found some Accurate 4064, Berger says the 1-9" twist is perfect for their 70 grain VLD. Having a bit of a time finding a starting point for the Accurate powder, I would love to have 8 pounds of Varget or even some IMR 4064, but we all know it is what it is. I also have some Hornady BTSP 68 grain match bullets and the little IMR 4064 is printing decent groups out to 250, but Berger always has my attention. I know this is a hunting round, (my friends have beat that in my head often) but I'm looking for good accuracy. I'm getting 2 1/2" at 250 yards in the wind, but I just believe Bergara will do better. I'm interested in what you guys have to say, especially in some starting loads for the Bergers, just in case I can find some lol.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.