A Worthwhile Education (Pics)

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Every few years I have a friend come and demonstrate taxidermy for my art students. I consider it a unique three dimensional art form, and the students love it. That, and I'm always striving to bring something to my students that they might not get in other school's art programs. In addition to taxidermy I have have guest artists teach glass blowing, mosaics, airbrush, pottery, leatherwork, photograhy, and printmaking. Never a dull moment in the art room. :)

Here is a deer form getting prepared to accept the cape.
Brent1_zps76002d2b.jpg

This year he mounted a couple rare birds from South America and a whitetail buck. The ducks are Brazilian Teal (male and female). It is very likely my student's would never see such rare ducks in real life.
Brent2_zpsc28ba1aa.jpg

Working on the deer. Have the hide on and making sure everything will fit.
Brent4_zps4ee3ec9e.jpg

Critters up and drying. Will paint and finish them later this week. It has been great watching the enthusiasm in my student's eyes as they watched these mounts evolve before them. It's been a ton of fun. Oh, and by the way, the buck was killed by one of my students. It was her first, and she got it when she was 12 years old.
Brent5_zps387790af.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.