LRH Books/Education

HeftyLefty39

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what people are reading, besides the forum of course, to get their education about LRH. I've read a short manual from Snipertools.com that has been helpful, but its only a beginners version and its not got all the info i'm looking for. I want more info on reading the wind and other things. Is there a best buy or LRH Bible so to speak that most people read??? I'd be very interested in hearing what people have to recommend. I've got reloading books, and i'm working on getting the ballistics software, however, I need a better understanding of external ballistics. Also any help with a beginners guide to antelope hunting would be great as well. I've already printed some articles from this site off and read them...good stuff, I want more though.

Look forward to hearing any and all opinions!

I'm not clear what specifically your looking for, but here are some real good books from Sinclair International's book section. Start with what interests you most first and go from there.

Books & Magazines

P.S. Bryan's book (above) comes highly recommended. It will be my next book purchase.

Last edited:
Is there a best buy or LRH Bible

Well, that reminds me of something. I met with Ian McMurchy's son and also with a book publisher, Krause Publications, at last January's SHOT Show. Ian was a pillar of the LRH community and he died a year and a half ago.

Ian's son, Glen, is going to have his father's almost-competed manuscript publlished later this year. We willl be selling it right here in the LRH Gear Shop in the Ballistics Software & Books department

I don't know the schedule but I'll check on it with Glen. It will be the absolute bible of Long Range Hunting.

Last edited:
Precision shooting at 1000 yards is a good one. It has a focuses on all aspects precision reloading, competition, info scope selection, questions and answers from the pros, and some history. The book has a lot do do with competition but is full of good information.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.