Posting pics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RockyMtnMT, Nov 18, 2008.

1. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

I have been trying to post pics of my hunting trip, and when I import them into the thread all I see is a red x in it's place. I don't know if it is working or not. I'll try one with this post and if it does not show could some one help this dummy figure this out.:( [​IMG]

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

3. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Check this out...

4. RockyMtnMT

That is the thread that I used to get to the point of the red x. I have all my pics loaded in the photo bucket. When I right click on the photo it does not give me a save option. It gives me a cut option, and when I paste that to the thread it shows that photo's address in the box.

If I had hair, I would pull it out.:confused:

Steve

5. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I looked at your code and feel there must be a mistake with the url of your image.

6. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

In Photobucket don't click on the picture but right click on "direct link" and then click on save. Go to the edit screen on LRH and click on the "insert image" icon and then right click in the area where you put the address of the picture and then click on paste. Then from there the pic will get put into your thread right.

7. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

That Dick, he knows everything! lightbulb

8. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

Dick, I know how to post a picture but I followed you instructions and right clicking on the direct link gives me no option to save.

One left click on the direct link will automatically copy it though and a simple paste in the insert image screen will show your pictures.

9. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

I tried it without all of the settings etc. that I normally have and you're right. First a left click will either save it or bring up the option to right click and save. The way my computer/software is evidently set up allows me to just right click, but either way, you save the direct link and then paste it into LRH.

Thanks for bringing that up.;)

10. RockyMtnMT

Well, I am still not getting it. Am I supposed to have both web sites up at the same time? Do I click on direct link or the direct link box? I am transferring a number to the post but no pic shows.

Thanks for your patients, Steve

11. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

Steve, If you click in the "direct link" box in Photobucket it should say "copied". You can then close Photobucket if you want but you don't have to.

On LRH click the "insert image" icon and paste your direct link over the "http://" that is already there.

Preview post and you should be able to see your picture.

That is the easiest way I can explain it.

12. RockyMtnMT

That is what I am doing, perhaps a firewall or something is stopping it.

Thanks, Steve

13. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

ss7mm,
    sorry about the redundancy, you posted at 9:38 PM, I posted at 1: something in the morning; when I did, I did not see your post, I was convinced I was the first poster. Sorry about that!

14. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

No problem my friend. Better to have lots of help as opposed to none. That's part of what makes this a great site.;)