Disregard - Pic Posting Process - Figuring it out.

royinidaho

blah blah blah
Elk-Beded-1-and-qtr-milels.jpg

oops! I was gonna delete that once I figured out how to post it. Turned out to be major easy using huntingpictures.net.

Buddy said 17 and he has good eyes. I said 15 w/little confidence. We were a bit ticked as they were on posted property. They were about a mile and a quarter away. We spent some quality time devising a plan to get up there an get one. Was a movie quality plan. But we chickened out.

Never did get an elk that year............

FWIW the photo setup was a Leica LRF ahead of an Olympus D-490 digital.

Here's another pic - same day
Four-Bull-Moose.jpg

And another
Multiple-Moose.jpg

Dave, There are two in this pic. Where's the second one? Buddy spotted it right off. Then it took him 5 minutes to get me to see it. Bad part was he was driving in heavy snow when he spotted that bedded calf.

BTW, posting pics went from PITA (pain in the rear) to super easy.

Looks like bedded very near the center and one on the far left (just a 9 o'clock but about an inch in on the picture).

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like bedded very near the center and one on the far left (just a 9 o'clock but about an inch in on the picture).

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Hawkeye award goes to..............Dave, you nailed it. The cow is standing w/head in tree. Can see only front leg, chest and rib cage.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.