a steal of a deal!

One thing to consider if your dope is good at 500+ but not at 700 is that you might be running out of elevation on your scope. There are a lot of ways to check this, but one of them would be sticking a mirror on the objective side of the scope. You can then see where your adjustments are compared to center. I had this happen on a gun once and it drove me nuts forever. A simple 20 MOA base and all is well again. Just a thought!

well i ran out of elevation today...... with the conditions that we had today i was limited to 870 without hold over. tried to make a 894 shot with the 30-06 and mangaged to hold correctly for elevation but misjudged the wind. well more like didnt see a cross wind and missed the target by 4 feet. anyhow.... im now shooting nosler black box accubond ammo and im loving it thus far. made a first round hit 1 moa to the right of POA perfect elevation. if i would have left no correction for wind i would have hit where i wanted to. i am very pleased with the way it is shooting right now. i bought a rear bag today and was able to get a good solid rest for a rezero and the gun put down 3/4 MOA at 100 :) with factory ammo at that. so far she is MOA or under at what ever distance i stretch her to. gonna tear it down tonight and file the stock a bit, has a spot that hangs up a dollar bill. bipod should be here tomorrow (vanguard equalizer 1) so far i have less than 900 in it. would a MOA compesation base be worth it or can i even use one on a 700???
id love to shoot 1k yards this year with it.

well i ran out of elevation today...... with the conditions that we had today i was limited to 870 without hold over. tried to make a 894 shot with the 30-06 and mangaged to hold correctly for elevation but misjudged the wind. well more like didnt see a cross wind and missed the target by 4 feet. anyhow.... im now shooting nosler black box accubond ammo and im loving it thus far. made a first round hit 1 moa to the right of POA perfect elevation. if i would have left no correction for wind i would have hit where i wanted to. i am very pleased with the way it is shooting right now. i bought a rear bag today and was able to get a good solid rest for a rezero and the gun put down 3/4 MOA at 100 :) with factory ammo at that. so far she is MOA or under at what ever distance i stretch her to. gonna tear it down tonight and file the stock a bit, has a spot that hangs up a dollar bill. bipod should be here tomorrow (vanguard equalizer 1) so far i have less than 900 in it. would a MOA compesation base be worth it or can i even use one on a 700???
id love to shoot 1k yards this year with it.
A 10 or 20 MOA base would probably go a long ways towards getting you there. 20 or thirty would but a thirty might have you holding under on shots out to about 250.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.