Is this a good deal?

z71aggie

I found this gun for sale on another forum and have a good idea of what it's worth but figured people on here would know better. It's a savage model 12 308, with a a2 stock and 160 rounds fired.

The guy wants to trade his gun, bipod, and scope mount, for my glock 30 and $300. I'm thinking about making the deal but for $200 and the Glock if he says yes. Is it a good deal.

LRS-1onM12.jpg

Guess it depends on how bad you want it.
In the end youll trade a light wt carry gun for a deer gun caliber savage....
My cousin just sold his ONLY savage, a 30-06, for $225, all factory in great shape. He wouldve paid you 300 extra in trade for your Glock..... Guess some folks like em some folks dont. Neither my cousin nor Myself like em at all. But some reputable L/R/H members like them quite a bit. Bigngreen, and Liltank come to mind. Maybe fling one of em a P.M. and ask. They seem quite kniowledgable on everything savage related.
Most savages are pretty dang cheap for a brand new one. Id see what a new one is worth before I traded a glock and cash for it, but in the end its up to you, and how bad you want it or need it.

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to sell my glock anyways. I've always wanted a rifle capable of shooting longer distances and this one came up for sale on the forum where I am selling my Glock.

I know what savages are worth new but with the A2 stock on there I didn't know if this gun is worth what he's asking (roughly $950) and if this is even a gun to consider for long range shooting.

$950 doesn't seem like a great deal to me. Your Glock and $200 probably would be though, even $300 depending on the bi-pod and scope base. Was that rifle pieced together, the bolt looks black? I don't know what you have to go with your pistol or what you're trying to sell it for either and trading skews values. You feeling comfortable with the deal is what is important.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.