A quiet Thermos?

Given up on Stanley. Use a thermos brand now. Heavy wire handle and only holds a "mug" worth of coffee, but screw top squeaks something awful, and since the cap is recessed, it catches all sorts of debris. I suffer through its short comings because it holds hot and cold exceptionally well and is bulletproof. Maybe a little butter in the coffee would stop the squeak. lol

When it's dead quiet, like over fresh snow, that cap "squeeking" off sounds like a bugle. Then the inside cap squeeks and the carry handle clanks. I put tape on the carry handle and quieted it down. I don't need to keep using that particular thermos, just looking for a quieter option.
So I do a little bit of leather work I don't think I can do anything about the cap but I can make you a wrap with a handle so it doesn't rattle

So I do a little bit of leather work I don't think I can do anything about the cap but I can make you a wrap with a handle so it doesn't rattle
I work in leather as well, I hadn't thought of using leather. Thats what this forum is here for, exchange of ideas and that is excellent. I've already got some "thinner" live oak laid out, my tools are ready. Thanks a bunch.

I work in leather as well, I hadn't thought of using leather. Thats what this forum is here for, exchange of ideas and that is excellent. I've already got some "thinner" live oak laid out, my tools are ready. Thanks a bunch.
Oh perfect!! I was going to do it free for you but you probably can do a little bit better ! Hope it works out and good luck on the hunt! I've been working so much I have three days in the stand this year

What are going use the live oak for?

Oh perfect!! I was going to do it free for you but you probably can do a little bit better ! Hope it works out and good luck on the hunt! I've been working so much I have three days in the stand this year
Years ago I just cut the top off of an old pair of Army boots and wrapped it around the Thermos. It made a good handle.

Last edited: