A-max? More on the debate..

FYI I shot a bull moose with a 208 Amax at 20 yards in the neck bone and it was not pretty. The bullet vaporized and did not break the spine. It did knock the sense out of him long enough for me to move beside him and put one in the ribs at 5 yards. 155 or 208, either way you're asking for trouble on heavy bone. It may work some of the time but sooner or later and most likely sooner if it involves a mature bull, there will be trouble.

FYI I shot a bull moose with a 208 Amax at 20 yards in the neck bone and it was not pretty. The bullet vaporized and did not break the spine. It did knock the sense out of him long enough for me to move beside him and put one in the ribs at 5 yards. 155 or 208, either way you're asking for trouble on heavy bone. It may work some of the time but sooner or later and most likely sooner if it involves a mature bull, there will be trouble.

if i WAS going to hunt with them i wouldnt be aiming for the shoulders, but bullets do end up in the shoulder when ppl are aiming for the lungs all the time. im really not sure because these bergers so far have done very well for me and ill probably just stay with them, however it would be nice to go to the amax just because of the price difference..

i havent hit shoulder with my bergers yet, does anyone know what would happen if you hit heavy bone with the hunting vls's vs the amax?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.