A-Bolt Vs X-Bolt, Boss or no, Wood or synthetic

I have both. A-bolt in 7mm Rem Mag Hunter with wood stock and a BOSS, and a X-bolt 325WSM white gold medallion. The 7mm shoots Hornady Custom factory 154's and 162's into 1/2" groups @100yds. The 325 WSM shoots Winchester factory ballistic tips 2 1/2" @ 100yds and my reloads 1/2" @ 100 yds. So, they both are tack drivers in my opinion. One thing I love about the X-bolt is the easily removable magazine, but I hate the way the gun recoils. For some reason, this gun kicks back and up. You have to be very careful not to get hit by the scope. The 7mm A-bolt with the boss feels like a .243 and kicks straight back. I would give a slight advantage to the X-bolt because of the magazine and easily adjustable trigger which goes down to about 3lbs. As to the boss and its functioning, it worked on my gun. I was shooting a hair less than 1" with the Hornady factory stuff, and after I did the tweaking on the boss like the instructions stated, it came down to 1/2". Now this may not be the norm on these things, but it worked for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.