8mm rem mag??

Orange954

Does anyone on here mess with an 8mm rem mag, if so I would apreciate some tips, as I am looking at getting one, I am not seeing much info on them, just wondering best twist rate and what type of stuck etc..gun)

Had one once, it whipped the snot out of me w/ no brake. If someone made decent bullets in 8mm like Berger it would be one hell of a cartridge

I plan on getting a brake and a pad, once I have someone with some experience putting one on them and they let me know wich to go with. From what I understand the best round to shoot with it is a nosler partition. Also anyone know of some brass let me know.

I have one with a Rock Creek 1 in 10" twist barrel. That rate of twist is commonly available and will stabilize any bullet available for the big 8. As far as brass, you just have to scour the internet and keep your eyes open at gun shows. I was able to locate a good supply of new brass for mine in that manner. I shoot 200 gr Nosler Partitions out of mine and it has proven to be a potent round thus far on game. Best of luck!

Best recoil pad for my money is Limbsaver. Once upon a time I had Pachmayr decelertors on several rifles. Couldn't find one on the shelf for my Ruger No 1, but the gunshop had a Limbsaver the right size instead, so I took the chance. Next time at the range I was shooting my 270 with pachmayr, then switched to the single shot (a 7mag) with the limbsaver, and ***? The little 270 was the more obnoxious of the two. Within a few months I had switched out the pads on all the rifles I shoot frequently. As for brakes, I've shot a few rifles with radial port brakes and didn't care for them, because they will throw a lot of dust and debris from the prone. I have 3 JP Tactical brakes now (a two baffle closed bottom design) and like them very well for effectiveness and ease of cleaning.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts