80--100 mm bino info and reveiws

dave1

I recently bought a spotting scope. this is only good for looking at detail. at least the way im hunting. I need info about types of binos to use when picking out deer at long distances in thick and open areas. I have been looking at oberwerk, celestron, konus,zhumell. I am looking at the 80mm to 100mm objective, around 20 or more power. im not yet sure rather i want a fixed power or varible. i need some help/ info . everyone who hunts long range have had or used these types before please help!
thanks everyone!
dave

I use Alpen 12x50 bino's, easy on the eyes for 12 power and very good long range spotters. After that the spotting scope comes out. Best I've tried for $350

I am still looking i found a pair i like but they dont sell in the usa. they are called helio apollo series 28x110mm .. IF ANYONE CAN BUY THESE IN THE US PLEASE HELP!!
THANKS GUYS!
DAVE

'APOLLO' SERIES 110MM HIGH RESOLUTION OBSERVATION BINOCULARS

i camped with some guys that were hunting long range and they had 3 sets of the afore mentioned Celestron 25 x 100's. looked through them and was quite impressed. saw them somewhere for 260 shipped. was considering getting a pair myself.

Well theres is a few things to look for. The best thing to do is look for the pair you find you want and read reviews. The other is make sure the pair you like dont get knocked out of colimation or whatever they call it . i did read a good bit about that section. i really like the pair called helios apollo series 28x110 power. Cant but in usa. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS OTHERWISE!PLEASE
thanks every1
DAVE -PA

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.