Info wanted

Gainster1

Hello all,
I've had to buy some weaver style adjustabl scope rings for my P.H .243, can any1 who has used them please give me some words of wisdom as i have never! e.g. Do they handle recoil ok, etc. And like to have confidence in all my equipment before use.
Many thanks all
Gainster1

Last edited:
I don't know if we're talking about the same thing, but I put a set of 1" Burris Signature zee rings on a .220 Swift. They have the self-aligning plastic inserts. I really liked the way they went together and that they wouldn't mark a very nice aluminum barrel scope. The Swift has very low recoil, probably a little less than the .243, so I don't know if they will handle heavy recoil. Burris says that they will.

I will use another set when I need some.

Tom

Last edited:
Thanks Tom

Thanks Tom,
if you dont mind me asking, why did you need them? I used them when the front tapped hole for the bases, was not very well placed!!!! Big shame its a lovely rifle. I've fired a few rounds with the new rings and they seem to be holding? fingers crossed, only time will tell.
Cheers
Gainster1

My 338/300RUM has a set of Burris Signature rings on it, as do many of my others, with no problems. The 338 is heavy but I can't imagine any 243 producing more recoil.

Gainster, this is the first set I've tried. The glossy 12X Leupold Silhouette scope didn't have a mark on it anywhere, so I didn't want to take a chance of marking it. I like the rings, and as far as recoil is concerned, KRP is giving them a pretty fair test. Not like a .460 Wby, but..........

I don't know about the eccentric inserts, but I had no trouble finding a zero. I will use them again.

Good hunting, Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.