7STW/Beger 180VLD hunt

jasonco

I've been reading as many posts that i can on the the 7stw/berger 180 vld combo and cant seem to find what i'm looking for, as to seating depth. i've been on a loading bench leave of abscence for 5 years! anyway, i had one of my savage 110's rebarreled/chambered to 7stw on a shilen 27" tube way back in 1994 when the stw was still a wildcat. my action and magazine was opened up so i can seat my bullets out a bit farther. the dummy round i loaded is 3.718" oal. it's seated pretty far into the case and is going to be quite a bit of a jump to the lands. what's my probability for good or bad accuracy? im using new 8 rem brass-cci 250-h50bmg(i have plenty of 5010 left, but it burns so dirty so im working up a new recipe for this bullet). i have kept my velocity a bit tame on this rifle. i'll be testing next week after i get a new scope selected. any thoughts will be appreciated. gun)

yes i did. i'm definately going to have a jump! my 175 SGK are just off the lands and i can get them to group great at 100 or 1000 using 8rem cases/cci250/80gns of 5010 @3100fps. just wanted to try a better ballistic bullet and the newer less temperature sensitive and cleaner h50bmg. like i said, i haven't worked up loads yet(maybe tommorow) till get a new optic. h5010 is a good powder for my rifle, it's just leaves a lot of carbon in my barrel and takes lots of work to get it out!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.