7mm Ultra Loads?

I have a 7mm RUM in a Rem AWR. With Fed 215M and US869 with 150 gr. Barnes TTSX I regularly get 3350 fps for 1' groups at 200 yds. Seems like a really mellow load - brass seem to last for 5 - 7 reloadings. I haven't finished fine tuning load but am pretty close. I hope to also fine a load for one of the 160 -168 grain 284 bullets. Good luck.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I've got a Remington 700 CDL in 7mm Ultra that I've just completed the pillar bedding on. I'm a bit partial to Sierra, and I talked to Sierra about the fact that there is NO data in their manual for this round. A nice "engineer" told me that the reason stems from brass that's too hard (from Remington) and they did not want to get into annealing in the manual. After reading and reading and reading some more (and using a ballistics program) I'm convinced of the superiority of a heavy for caliber bullet. I'm looking at 175gr only. Does anybody have any experience with this caliber? Loads?

The experience of this site is much appreciated.

Hicks

All with 26" Krieger BBL. BBL is throated for 180 Berger VLD's .060" freebore

180 Berger VLD 91.2 grs Retumbo 3160 fps - shoots in the .4's
190 Matrix VLD 89 grs Retumbo 3075 fps - shoots in the .2's when I am on

IMO I would shoot nothing below 168 gr bullets. My STW would shoot 140's faster than my first RUM with less powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.