7mm Rem Ultra Mag loads

Fotis

I need some fellas. Please give me any data you got. I've got a sendero coming next week. Accuracy and velocity too. Thanx

Here goes Pop. I'm not going to state exact velocities due to discrepancies with shooting chronies. I will tell you this I subtract 50 fps from all my numbers before I post here.

140 grain nosler BT
Rl25 up to 96 grains was max in my rifle
Average velocity was 3500 at max loads.

140 grain Accubond
best accuracy for me came with 91 grains H-1000
giving nearly the same velocity as the BT

140 Barnes TSX
89 grains of IMR 7828 worked good
only got around 3350 out of this combo

160 grain accubond
90 grains of H-1000 was a good performer but I have yet to try Retumbo with these.
3350 average velocity

160 grain barnes TSX
2 powder choices here H-50BMG at 102 grains and H-1000 to 90.0 grains. HAve not tried retumbo here yet either.
Velocities in the 3300fps range

168 grain SMK
Retumbo to 94 grains, H-50BMG to 100 grains
average velocity was in the mid to high 3200 fps range with Retumbo and mid to high 3100 fps with H-50 BMG

I will have some more data in a few days with the surplus WC872 powder and Ramshot Magnum and possibly more Retumbo data.
A few notes.
#1 H-1000 and Retumbo are cooler burning than the BMG powder partially due to the decreased amount you burn.

#2 RL25 is a decent performer in my rig but only on the lite bullets and seems to produce more powder fouling.

#3 If your throat is as long as most of them including mine just load to fit your magazine because you will not be able to get near the rifling. My gun has proved more accurate with the magazine fit on most all hunting bullets anyway.

#4 as always the loads I listed are max in my rig so work up to them carefully.

#5 I used Rem 9 1/2 M primers for nearly all these loads except one I used CCI 250 primers. They all shot half MOA groups or better from my gun at 100 yards by 3 shots and if you let it cool after the 3rd you can put 5 into that measurement providing your not like me and botch #4 or #5 shots.

#6 If your thinking of shooting some Wildcat bullets I have some loads for them also and will have more this weekend with the WC872 powder.

Hope this helps you at least a little! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I shoot a LSS700 7 RUM with a load of 95 gr RL 25, Fed 215 primer, 150 gr partition, OAL set to magazine length @3.675. Chrono @ 3400-3500 depending on ambient temp. .75 3 shot groups @100 yd if I do my part. I've seen lot to lot variation in RL25. I like the slow lots but the fast ones are barely slower than RL22. Thats why I work up each new lot from about 90 gr. I'm going to play with Retumbo one of these days. I liked it in the 300 ultra with 200 gr accubonds. I got great penetration considering the velocity on a 5x5 bull elk 2 years ago with that 150 gr partition load. Bull quartering away on the run at less than 100 yds. Slipped bullet in behind last rib. found bullet just inside skin on opposite front shoulder. It went through a lot of elk. Classic partition mushroom without the front half. I really like my 7 rum.

Pop most of the data I found was at reloaders nest and hodgdon's site. I also got a good bit from here.

I received some good loads from Alliant. Not published but e-mailed them to me a few years back. I believe it is real similiar if not the same as hornady's data.

Pop I shoot one of the very first sendero's made, Has a 26" HB with a Laminated Brn stock. The newer senderos have a different barrel and stock mine has a Flat black action and barrel Laminated stock I shoot 88.0 Grains of IMR-4831 which is the bottom of the load. It shoots fantastic. It's still a kicker with the reduce load but is ample for deer. Lou

I shoot a sako 75 in 7mm RUM. Got my load straight out of lyman manual, 150 scirocco and 104 grs of H50Bmg, fed 215. According to my chrony is doing 3350. It shoots great all year round so I never messed with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.