7mm rem ultra mag

labrador

Hey guys

For the moment I consider buying a 7mm rem ultra mag rifle because I found one to a good price. But I am a little worried about the recoil. Is the recoil similar to the recooil of the 300 win mag or is it heavier than that? I would not want a rifle that kicks harder than the 300 win mag.

Hopefully someone can help me here.

Thanks - Labrador

Labrador I don't know how 300 Win Mag recoil is but the 7 RUM is not the worst I have seen.
How much does the 7Rum you are refering to weigh?
How about the Win Mag whats the weight of it?
If the Rum is a small Barrel model 700 or model 7 it may have more recoil than you want!
Let us know the approx weight of each and I, we may be able to give some better info.

I have both, a ruger 77 300 win mag and rem 700 LSS 7 rum (the big one, not the saum). I would say that recoil is comparable between the two. If you can shoot a 300 win mag, you can shoot the 7 RUM. nuff said.

the 7 Rum weighs 7.5 (lbs.), I do not have particular 300 win mag in mind, I was just thinking whether the two calibers were comparable approximately.

Thanks - Labrador

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.