7mm stw muzzel brake

what muzzle brakes are you guys using ?
what muzzle brake would be best for the 7mm STW ?
I have the Snowy Mountain Rifles brake on one STW and the North West Precision MB on three of them. I use the slotted version from NWP. They are almost identical in design but the NWP brake is about half the price of the SMR brakes.

I've tried a half dozen or more makes of brakes over the years and the NWP Slotted brake is all I put on rifles anymore. I just bought three more of them last week.

Muzzle Brake Compensator Rifle or Pistol | eBay

I put a 4 port non-magnum Muscle Brake on my 300 Rum. Night and Day. Great Brake.
rch

On my 300AX I have a pain killer break. My 300AX pushing a 200gr bullet at 3340 wearing the PK break recoils less than my 7rem shooting 160's at ~3000fps wearing a radial break. Granted the 300 has a few lbs on the 7 but that said the difference in recoil is very much noticeable between the two.

All the breaks mentioned so far (minus the crappy radial I have on mine)in this thread should accomplish what you're wanting.

On my 300AX I have a pain killer break. My 300AX pushing a 200gr bullet at 3340 wearing the PK break recoils less than my 7rem shooting 160's at ~3000fps wearing a radial break. Granted the 300 has a few lbs on the 7 but that said the difference in recoil is very much noticeable between the two.

All the breaks mentioned so far (minus the crappy radial I have on mine)in this thread should accomplish what you're wanting.
The only radial brake I've ever tried that I thought was even decent for recoil reduction is the Gentry Quiet brake. It's also ported so that the gas goes mostly straight out but the ports at the back also have a very slight forward angle on them that seems to cancel most of the noise protection the shooter's ears.

I have one of these on a .300 Rum I bought a few years back from another member here.

It still starts a dust storm if you shoot it from the prone but it is a pretty effective brake overall.

I mean it helps, just at the time it was installed I was ignorant to the fact that far better brakes existed.

I've never shot prone with it but I could imagine I'd get showered with dirt and debris.

I mean it helps, just at the time it was installed I was ignorant to the fact that far better brakes existed.

I've never shot prone with it but I could imagine I'd get showered with dirt and debris.
It's just a conversation TAK and I'm just playing off of your ball.

A few years back I was shooting directly into the wind prone laying on the edge of a wheat field and nearly blinded myself (literally) when I caught a face full of sand due to the factory brake on my 700 custom 7mm STW.

As a result I always warn people about shooting prone with a 360 deg discharge brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts