Muzzel brake for a 7mm rem mag

gonewest

I just read the whole thread on a muzzel brake on a 300 mag and would like to know what you al think about putting a brake on a 7mm rem mag. I am looking into buying one but I love my .270 and just wonder if I will get used to more recoil. What do you guys think do you think you need a brake on a 7 mag?

I just read the whole thread on a muzzel brake on a 300 mag and would like to know what you al think about putting a brake on a 7mm rem mag. I am looking into buying one but I love my .270 and just wonder if I will get used to more recoil. What do you guys think do you think you need a brake on a 7 mag?

I just bought a Savage Long Range Hunter 111, 7mm Rem Mag. It comes with an adjustable Muzzel Brake two months ago.

It took a little getting used to. Remembering to turn it on. Forgetting to turn it on and shooting, (one) the noise level is greater and (two) it kicks a bit..

I like it a whole better with the brake on, smooth as silk and less noise.
My son say's his 270 kicks more than my 7mm. For what ever that's worth.

Good luck

My ruger M77 Mark II in .270 is my favorite rifle. Comfortable to shoot and accurate. Just baught same rifle in 7RM and am planning to put a muzzle brake on it. There will be several guys shooting bigger guns telling you that you don't need one. My opinion is to get rid of as much recoil as possible to be a more accurate and confident shooter.
If you want a brake or feel the need for one, by all means, go for it.gun)

I have one on my 7 and love it.

In fact it makes shooting so much more enjoyable I'm not sure why you wouldn't want one on about any rifle.

Oh Well, maybe my choice of words wasn't quite clear.

I already own a rifle with a muzzel brake and I LOVE it. When I
purchase my next rifle, I'm going to include a muzzel brake on it.

Since I have a 7mm Rem Mag. I am concidering a 338

You can always get a removable one that you can take off if you don't want to have it while out hunting.

Thank you, The Brake on my 7mm Rem Mag. is of the removable type.

Is there a reason I would want to take off the muzzle Brake while hunting?

On future rifles I will probably be indulging in a do it yourself project. The
challenge seems fantastic and irresistible

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.