7mm saum vs 6.5 saum

Accurate mag sells them without the binder plate. That's what I ended up using for mine.

Accurate mag sells them without the binder plate. That's what I ended up using for mine.
Can you use the accurate mag 300wsm that is dssf in the ptg dbm or any other dbm's that accept aics mags? I kind of like the idea of 7 rounds in a magazine if it doesn't hang to low.

Thank you,
Elmer

I went with the 6.5 GAP. This is how it´s looking like.
24" Proof Sendero Lite Barrel with snowy mountain break cerakoted 60% Sniper Gray 40% Graphite black
Blue printed 700 Long Action. It´s a very old one, it still has de 721 opening at the top but it has a 700 bolt and safety.

Attachments

• IMG_8799.JPG
    IMG_8799.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 195
Can you use the accurate mag 300wsm that is dssf in the ptg dbm or any other dbm's that accept aics mags? I kind of like the idea of 7 rounds in a magazine if it doesn't hang to low.

Thank you,
Elmer

Elmer,
I'm using the Accurate Mag 300 WSM 3 round mag in my GAP Extreme Hunter (6.5 4S). They work great out of the APA DBM.

I went with a 6.5 saum match chamber ( .188 fb) .
Loaded .08 off the lands with 140 eldm
1 in 8 twist mcgowen barrel nitride by controlled thermal technology.
I ran into 2 nodes with h1000.
One at 58.5 grains sank 5 bullets into one ragged hole velocity at 3045
The next at 60.5 again 5 shots in one ragged hole velocity 3175.
I was able to get 3200 with 61 grains and 3220 at 61.4 but the groups opened to 5/8"
I think I'm going with the 58.5 grain load as my go to load. This should give decent barrel life and is still smoking fast

Attachments

• 20161110_162402.jpg
    20161110_162402.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 184
Interesting stuff!
Does anyone know if a 7mm rem mag could be converted to a saum case without modifying the bolt face or feed rails.
I have a Tikka action in mind for this and I would like to use the 7mm magazine but I'm thinking the SAUM case is probably too fat??
Of course I could swap it out with a WSM mag but they are pretty short.

Interesting stuff!
Does anyone know if a 7mm rem mag could be converted to a saum case without modifying the bolt face or feed rails.
I have a Tikka action in mind for this and I would like to use the 7mm magazine but I'm thinking the SAUM case is probably too fat??
Of course I could swap it out with a WSM mag but they are pretty short.

Bolt face should be fine but the feed rails would likely need a little mod.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.