7mm RUM reloading

HillCountry54

For those of you who have been reloading bullets for the 7mmRUM... What have you found to be the most accuratecombination. I have yet to do any myself but plan to. I am shooting with an "out the box" Sendero SF, 26" barrel, and a 9.5 twist. Thanks in advance.
tongue.gif

I'm using the same rifle but its a 300 RUM as for the 7mm I would start with a healthy dose of R-22, R25 or Retumbo somthing slow with the 160gr or 140gr Accubond wich ever you prefer. IMR7828 works well also is this for target or hunting? If target go for the 175 or 168 MK or one of the berger bullets.
wink.gif

Thanks! Mainly just target. I will be hunting with it, but the deer in the hillcountry are more like dogs...so I don't worry about if it'll do the job or not.

Shooting a 7mm rum in a Savage. I use 86 gr of H4831 with rem brass, fed 215 primer pushing a 140gr Nosler Accubond-awsome accuracy and go velocity.

Hillcountry, this one works well for me.150 Scirroco,83 grains IMR 4831, Fed 215 primer, caol 3.6o to feed from the mag. Velocity 3190 with a extreme spread of 18 fps and single digit standard deviation.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.