7mm rum

Rocky

Hi,

I was wondering is there a improved version of the 7mm rum. I've been searching and have not found one as of yet (maybe I'm missing something). I have a Rem 700 CDl that I would like chamber into some a little different. I currently have a 338-378 which is going to end up as a Kahn. I'm looking for any suggestion on a 7mm.

Thanks Rocky

Look at Kirby Allen's 7AM. It is fireformed from the 338 Lapua, holds about 8 more grains than the 7RUM, and will get about 200 fps more velocity with the 160 Accubond.

Thanks for the replay. I was looking for something that I might only have to ff and do a little trimming. I have a bucket load of 7mm rum brass that I was wanting to use up. I was concidering a 338 Edge but would realy like a .284 cal since I already have a 338-378. With everything being equal, barrel length, action, stock,gunsmith, with the 7mm AM shooting 175gr. MK and the 338 shooting 300 gr.MK with one would have the advantage at 1000 yard. I like I stated before I would really just perferred to have a round that I only had to fire form and some trimming. Someone tell me what I need to have built. I will use it for elk, deer, yotes and the neighbors cat.

Thanks,
Rocky

The 270AM is exactly what you asked for 7mm or 300RUM brass necked down to 270 check out the AM shooters group under equipment reviews for more info...or you could box up all that brass and send it to me!

Unless you're just looking for something different to be different, try a different twist or rifle configuration. I shoot a slightly custom chamber in a 7mmRUM & it'll do all you mentioned - and then some.

BTW, if you get tired of that bucket-o-brass, I'll take it off your hands for ya !;)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.