7mm rum, berger 180, ELK

EH 338, I did not mean to put you on the spot , but a thread about a week ago. Was on bullet selection and elk, and on and on, pages worth. I asked about some background and it was a 13 year old kid, never shot a elk. I had to have a laugh. Not fair you get to shoot 2 elk, is that still in place? From sound of it we have very similar views and hunting backgrounds. I have had a few years where I was able to go to Idaho from here and double up on 6x6. I had a good spot and wolfs moved in and I have not been back in a couple years. Id has there wolf on reduction, where Mt has had a 15% increase, so I may be back. That rifle is a 338 Norma, Defiance, Lonewolf stock. In my early 20's I picked up a 340 WBY, and packed for many years. I am a very big 338 and elk fan. Shoot straight and good hunting, fellow junkie.

Not a prob i dont mind bein put on the spot, ya its nice bein able to buy a couple tags every year i usually buy one A one B that way i can try to wack one with a bow, they havent come out with the new regs so i dont know if its still in affect this year. Hows that 338 norma treating you i heard they are very accurate rounds. What velocity you getting? The wolves have killed so many elk i think they will not recover. Yes i hink we both out our minds as far as elk goes, and the 338 cal is hard to beat as far as the best elk round for both long and short range.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.