7mm remington ultra mag

Screenshot_20210320-113549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Do you have ammunition or a source for ammunition?! That's the number one issue you're going to have with the 7RUM.

I bought identical 7RUM & 300RUM, when they first came out, the factory ammunition was readily available for the 300RUM but, not the 7RUM. Luckily, they use the same case and it was a simple pass with the 300RUM case into the 7RUM sizing die and easy peasy, I'v got ammunition.

Do you have ammunition or a source for ammunition?! That's the number one issue you're going to have with the 7RUM.

I bought identical 7RUM & 300RUM, when they first came out, the factory ammunition was readily available for the 300RUM but, not the 7RUM. Luckily, they use the same case and it was a simple pass with the 300RUM case into the 7RUM sizing die and easy peasy, I'v got ammunition.
It's coming with 5 boxes of brass and dies but if you have available ammo I will definitely keep you in mind and probably pick your brain on what worked best for you as far as recipes go if your willing to share

At the time, 150 Scirocco's with H1000, were the ticket. But if I still had the 7RUM, Ramshot LRT, would be my go-to powder for that king of the seven bore monster. Ramshot Magnum, is a great substitute for H1000, when it wasn't available a couple years ago.

I since moved to the 28 Nosler/195 EOL/Ramshot LRT.

I'm using h50BMG with a 175 eld-x in my current 7rum, but my load data will be soft in your rifle ( I pretty much use heavy 7mmstw loads) if it's got a standard throat as I've got a rather short throat at about 3.8" instead of the 4.0-4.1" they usually have... My previous 7rum barrel thrived on 180 sierra or 175 hdy and a book top load of retumbo. This rifle will blow primers at the previous rifle's loading; been there, done that... not pleasant... I've torched 2 different 7rum barrels already so either be ready for another barrel or keep your rate of fire and round count down.

Everyone has different hands, but IMHO - I would not want a thumbhole stock on 7 RUM. As for the the 7 RUM itself, 👍
Yes I agree that's just the way it's coming to me personally I'm probably going to put a mdt Oryx chasis on it im extremely happy with the one I put on my 308 completely changed that rifle and man it looks cool

I'm using h50BMG with a 175 eld-x in my current 7rum, but my load data will be soft in your rifle ( I pretty much use heavy 7mmstw loads) if it's got a standard throat as I've got a rather short throat at about 3.8" instead of the 4.0-4.1" they usually have... My previous 7rum barrel thrived on 180 sierra or 175 hdy and a book top load of retumbo. This rifle will blow primers at the previous rifle's loading; been there, done that... not pleasant... I've torched 2 different 7rum barrels already so either be ready for another barrel or keep your rate of fire and round count down.
Thanks all I've been reading falls right in lead with what you are saying and it is that light 26" hunting barrel so ill not be trying to burn it up too fast