7mm Rem. Mag vs 300 Win. Mag

This thread is nothing more than splitting hairs.
Hell, IF YOU HAD to, and were setup for it.... I'm quite certain you could use a 22lr for long range kills.

Pickup a rifle, get used to it and get out there and USE IT.

I see so many threads on a 280 not being a "1000 yard gun" and a 7 Mag is...
Same with a 3006 and a 300 WM.
Just load up,shut up and shoot.
Sooooooo reminiscent of the illustrious 10 second car after the first "Fast and Furious" came out...gun)

I'll all ways choose 7mm over 300 any day. Why. It's because I've shot both. 168grn to 230grn from the 300 win mag and 300 Norma mag. 140grn - 180grns from the old tried and true 7mm mag. I have all ways been more accurate with the 7mag. In my 30 plus years of shooting I have come to realize if you can't hit it you can't kill it. I may live in Texas but I don't believe bigger is better. So tired of my truck is bigger than yours thang. My motor is bigger. I have a bigger gun. I still get the same reaction from people when they tell me they are Marine Scout Sniper, Navy Seal sniper, Army Ranger Sniper. If they are who they say they are than they should be able to out shoot me any day of the week. My best group was with my 260 Rem 140grn Berger. 4 shot group 3.5" 1760yards. And yes I am proud of it and nobody can take it away from me.

I'll all ways choose 7mm over 300 any day. Why. It's because I've shot both. 168grn to 230grn from the 300 win mag and 300 Norma mag. 140grn - 180grns from the old tried and true 7mm mag. I have all ways been more accurate with the 7mag. In my 30 plus years of shooting I have come to realize if you can't hit it you can't kill it. I may live in Texas but I don't believe bigger is better. So tired of my truck is bigger than yours thang. My motor is bigger. I have a bigger gun. I still get the same reaction from people when they tell me they are Marine Scout Sniper, Navy Seal sniper, Army Ranger Sniper. If they are who they say they are than they should be able to out shoot me any day of the week. My best group was with my 260 Rem 140grn Berger. 4 shot group 3.5" 1760yards. And yes I am proud of it and nobody can take it away from me.

Tired of people bragging, and ends the rant with bragging...

"Grin"

He thinks he's the fabled movie/story character Bob Lee Swagger...lol
Without seeing the group I call ********....1 mile with a lowly 260. A FART in the breeze would have thrown it off half a foot at that distance.

Unless you shot it in a 1 mile long bunker... I doubt its even close to being true.

3.5" at a mile..I did the math for 800 ft elevation. And the 140 Berger is at 900ish fps..
@2850fps muzzle.

My criticism of Jokostel's post would be different.
He is unhappy with the low quality of my post?

This is not Einstein's theory of general relativity getting published in 1915.
This more like neighbors sitting around the fire talking about shooting long range.

There is whole lot more content lurking here than on facebook, unless you are into watching cats.

But if you are into science and math, I have a lot of links.

Considering the world record is what... around 10 inches for light benchrest @ 1 mile?

Clark... this is the internet.
Take half of what you see, and throw it out, because its BS
Take half of the remainder and throw it out because they are blowhards...
The remainder of all , MAY contain the truth. Without a target, let alone being properly scored, I will NEVER believe you.
Besides... this IS the internet, only 10 types of people understand it.

Yall know I made a 3 mile shot on a prairie dog with a 20mm Vulcan... it's true,yo!

My criticism of Jokostel's post would be different.
He is unhappy with the low quality of my post?

This is not Einstein's theory of general relativity getting published in 1915.
This more like neighbors sitting around the fire talking about shooting long range.

There is whole lot more content lurking here than on facebook, unless you are into watching cats.

But if you are into science and math, I have a lot of links.
Asking someone, if they made a Hail Mary shot on game.....
Is a very low quality question....

Clark, quit smoking.....whatever it is your smoking.
3.5" at 1 mile. Put up or shut up. Simple.... Even with a 408 Cheytac that's a **** lucky day.
gun)

Clark, why are you making this all about you? What are taking away from this thread? You seemed to squabble with a few people on this thread. Why? What's your agenda here? You seem still upset from the exchanges from several months ago.

Your post are of very low quality...
Get over it bud... Nobody wants to make this whole thread about you, but you....

Heard about a guy pulling around that group size with a .375 Cheytac on fb and Snipers Hide, but that's a **** lucky day, I'll see if i can find the link for it.
Edit: it's actually on here in the ELR forum...

Last edited:
I have seen this on other long range forums.
Some guys see the forum as a place to brag and insult, rather than be friendly and helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.