7mm Rem. Mag. 140gr Berger?

RemingtonMagnum

Do you guys think that a 140 Grain Match Hunting VLD will be a good long range bullet for a 7mm Rem. Mag.? I'm trying to decide what grain to get...... Thanks for your input.

Id skip the 140vld and look at the 168g vld. Lot better BC and will be a lot better bullet at LR. The bergers are fragile bullets and I would feel a lot better using the 168g then the 140g on game.

THe 140vld really dont have that high of a BC. The nosler 140g NBT/AB is close to the same and shouldn't blow up as bad as the berger. If you want to use a 140g bullet, I'd look at the NBT or AB. Cheaper, just as accurate, just as good as BC, and repeatable bullet performance.

Helps to know how far you plan on shooting and what animals, deer or elk you plan on hunting?

I agree with 25_06, I'd go with the 168's...I don't think you will be able to push the 140's fast enough to make up the energy difference due to the lower BC. At least I couldn't in my 280AI, if I remember right the 168's caught up in energy around the 300 yard mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.