7mm PRC?

Heather

Hey guys, I got somebody asking me to make a 7mm PRC but don't see any die sets anywhere, haven't even looked for the brass yet. Is it even available anywhere? I saw the ammo once not since then.

Whidden gunwerks has dies and rcc has brass but I don't recommend the brass.

The cartridge is suppose to be officially released by Hornady later this month.
Maybe brass and dies will be more readily available at that time.

I'll be hunting the next few weeks so will have intermittent service.

Reamer is available from PTG. A few barrel places are starting to offer 7mm PRC as well.
The only place I know that's making brass is RCC and it's over $6.
Personally, I am waiting a little bit till there is mass production of brass.

Reamer is available from PTG. A few barrel places are starting to offer 7mm PRC as well.
The only place I know that's making brass is RCC and it's over $6.
Personally, I am waiting a little bit till there is mass production of brass.
Thats what i was just reading.. wow!
I'll see if the guy is still interested with that kinda price. I would absolutely love to work on it though

So, for 100 fps, why wouldn't we just re-barrel a 7mm to a faster twist and still use our components which are still in good supply. No waiting for ammo or components and shooting longer and heavy for caliber bullets out of 7mm all for the price of a new barrel? Just asking for a friend.

Just curious, why don't you recommend the brass? Price? Or something else?
Whidden gunwerks has dies and rcc has brass but I don't recommend the brass.

The cartridge is suppose to be officially released by Hornady later this month.
Maybe brass and dies will be more readily available at that time.

I'll be hunting the next few weeks so will have intermittent service.
Whidden's 7PRC dies and collects are backordered up the was-oo for the next several months, so don't expect anything from them for awhile. I think everyone else who supplies 7PRC will be the same way for the next few coming years, just like they were with the 6.5PRC. Primers will still be the most difficult to procure.
As far as shooting goes, it's absolutely sweet! Groups are tight, right out of the box on a new rifle. I will always continue to reload each and every single round that I shoot, just for the pure satisfaction of doing it and making sure I know what is used inside every one of the bullets that I use. It also assures me with the confidence of knowing I am shooting a good round. Besides, what else is there to do on a nasty, cold or hot day outside, when you are caught up with your work?