7mm pistol

7mm Handgun

I like the XP100 in 7-08. I have one from the Remington Custom Shop with a 15" heavy barrel and break with a 3x12 Burris Ballistic Plex scope. I'm just getting loads worked up and shooting out to 200 yds right now but will be ready for the 500yd range I'm going to in a couple of weeks.
My loads with the 140grn Nosler Ballistic tips and 150grn Sierra Match Kings are shooting .5" groups at 100yds and 1" at 200yds from the bench. After working on the trigger the groups really decreased.

I really like the idea of the 7 Sundance. I have talked to Rich about a MOA and I'm trying to save my change and sell some longbows and archery gear to get a MOA this summer I hope.
Does anyone have photos of the 7 Sundance cartridge?

Here is my XP100 in 7-08 and one of the first targets I shot after installing the Burris scope.

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

First it is not legal (federal) to make a pistol from a designated rifle action.

You can purchase a undesignated Savage benchrest action for $400. which comes with everything but a barrel and stock. Various barrel makers out there that sell pre-chambered barrels for the Savage. This would have to be a rear grip through unless you can find someone to make a center grip for you. Total cost would be under $800. I too would go with the 7WSM.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.