7mm mashburn super magnum

Wished I did. Best I can say is put your order in now. Took a couple months for me to get mine from Midway. Worth the wait though. Awesome cartridge.

Is the 7mm mashburn the same thing as a 7mm-300win I've asked other questions before but don't get much is there a reason why this isn't a popular caliber if anyone has any info it would be appreciated like were to get dies how to form cases were I can get my rifle rechambers and no I don't want an stw or dakota thanks for nay help
I have made one of the rifles that you speak of 700 MM X 300 win mag and have really enjoyed the rifle immensely . RCBS makes a die to reduce the 300 Win Mag brass down to the caliber.. Listed as a 300 Win Mag 7MM for about $50.00

The 300 win mag necked down to the 7MM is exactly the same thing as the 7MM mashubrn.. Exactly the same thing.. I have the rifle and I use the 300 Win Mag 7MM that is sold by RCBS

The 300 win mag necked down to the 7MM is exactly the same thing as the 7MM mashubrn.. Exactly the same thing.. I have the rifle and I use the 300 Win Mag 7MM that is sold by RCBS

Are you saying same performance or same case dimensions?

This is not true. New wildcatters or reloaders do not listen to this. The mashburn is longer(and has a different shoulder angle). I have had two 7-300s and I do not believe there would be any performance difference between the two given a certain bullet in a certain barrel will have a given velocity node for accuracy. Both of my barrels were 28" throated for 180 hybrids and the nodes were right at 3165 with H1000. All I did for brass was run 300 win brass through a 300 bushing die with .002 neck tension and load.

7mm mashburn on left. 7mm-300 win mag right
98693AD2-DA30-427F-8DAD-F66BFCC771DC.jpeg

This is not true. New wildcatters or reloaders do not listen to this. The mashburn is longer(and has a different shoulder angle). I have had two 7-300s and I do not believe there would be any performance difference between the two given a certain bullet in a certain barrel will have a given velocity node for accuracy. Both of my barrels were 28" throated for 180 hybrids and the nodes were right at 3165 with H1000. All I did for brass was run 300 win brass through a 300 bushing die with .002 neck tension and load.
rfurman24 I was doing almost the same exact thing with mine as you have done with yours..
The best that I have done was day before yesterday, on the Friday the 15th in which
I made some of my best shooting in a very long time..1/4 M.O.A. at 300 yards.
I have 3 other witness'
The rifle is a SAVAGE 110 Precision. 300 win Mag, necked down to a 7 MM, 29 inch 5R barrel placing Hornady ELD MATCH, 180 gr, with 69 grains of H4350 powder.
I did get an average speed of 3140fps in 15 rounds.
Now" I may have over stated my belief that the two rifles, in this case, of my rifle and the Mashburn being identical is a stretch in that there are no two rifles identical to each other but in this case, I would say they are VERY close, The specs are almost identical as well as the physical shape and ammo used..
I don't want to get into a ****ing contest here.. We are all in this for the enjoyment that is derived from the sport.. Do you agree??

rfurman24 I was doing almost the same exact thing with mine as you have done with yours..
The best that I have done was day before yesterday, on the Friday the 15th in which
I made some of my best shooting in a very long time..1/4 M.O.A. at 300 yards.
I have 3 other witness'
The rifle is a SAVAGE 110 Precision. 300 win Mag, necked down to a 7 MM, 29 inch 5R barrel placing Hornady ELD MATCH, 180 gr, with 69 grains of H4350 powder.
I did get an average speed of 3140fps in 15 rounds.
Now" I may have over stated my belief that the two rifles, in this case, of my rifle and the Mashburn being identical is a stretch in that there are no two rifles identical to each other but in this case, I would say they are VERY close, The specs are almost identical as well as the physical shape and ammo used..
I don't want to get into a ****ing contest here.. We are all in this for the enjoyment that is derived from the sport.. Do you agree??

Based on what you just typed it seems as if you meant to say their performance is the same in which case I would agree. I would suggest editing your post to say that. What your post actually says is that a 300 necked down to 7mm is a Mashburn which is not the case.

Based on what you just typed it seems as if you meant to say their performance is the same in which case I would agree. I would suggest editing your post to say that. What your post actually says is that a 300 necked down to 7mm is a Mashburn which is not the case.
What I meant to say is "I did NOT want to get into a ****ing contest".. I am very pleased with my rifle buildup and that is the most important thing for me and I don't care any more from here on about the comparison!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.