7mm bullet

Limbic

Well I hope ya'll are happy. Now in jumping feet first into reloading and pretty excited about it. Extremely excited about it. I'll be reloading for a Sendero.
I've got some Lee dies, powder shaker, RCBS RockChucker Kit, CCI magnum primers, form fired federal/remington brass. Ive got my eyes on some RL22 and 4831.

Now I need some suggestion for small to medium game bullets as well as some match type bullets. I've never shot any Sierra so that and Barnes tipped are what I'm most curious about. Other options are accubond, sirocco.

If I had to choose I'd be more interested in accuracy b.c I imagine that most any of these would do the deed on a white tail.

So short of any suggestions or super jam up awsome recipies I'll start with Sierra and Barnes.

I guess I'm just mostly typing/thinking out loud.:D

Sierra 160 BTSP's are very accurate bullets with good BC (.563) . Been a while since I loaded for a 7RM with that bullet so I won't state powders or charges. You don't need a high dollar bullet to down a whitetail. The Sierra 160 or Nosler 140 gr Ballistic Tip would be my choices for whitetail to 600-700 yards.

My best accuracy load for 7mm.RM (TikkaT3) is Nosler Accubond 160grs. with 65.00 grs. H4831 (Hoal = 83.00 mm.) Norma brass and Federal GM215M primer (loaded with Rcbs Competition FL dies), i usually full-resize the loads i use during the Hunting season.
This load give me 0.4 moa at 200 mt. (not yards ...) with a 5 rouds group.

Next test will be done with the Scirocco II 150 grs. - Nosler Ballistic Tip 150 grs. - Nosler Accubond 140 grs. all with Norma MRP and IMR7828 (would like to try the IMR4350 too, maybe with the lightest bullett) .... i always think about the Vithavuori N160 and N165 are good powders, but i don't really want to became crazy, using to much different powders

I'll second those 160 gr SPBT Sierras - they were quite accurate from my 7mm Rem mag/Sendero. I only tried them out to 600 yards, but absolutely no accuracy problems from them.

Seems you've got your eye on the right powders. Mostly I used Reloader 22 or H4831 with my 7mm Rem mags.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.