7mm bullet tests

I agree and so did the tech from hornady about the 162 eldx and 7-08.

Do I need to look at the 160 accubond for a do it all load?

I've got a whole safe full of rifles with specific purposes. I'm just really enjoying this tikka roughtech 7mm mag. Light enough to carry and shoot off hand,
big enough to kill about anything and accurate enough to really enjoy shooting.
If you want to cover the typical hunting shot distances of 0-500 yards and then give yourself a little more range in the rare case you might need it I'd look at the Barnes LRX 168gr bullet. It has a decent G1 of 0.55 and will slam through just about any thing up to Elk. Now the only issue you may have is the twist rate of that Tikka. I think the factory barrel is a 1:9.5, which is really too slow for most heavy for caliber mono bullets. You could drop to the 145gr LRX which can be used in the 1:9.5, but you give up long range results as the velocity is going to drop off fast after 500 yards. For me, as primarily a western hunter, that 500-1000 yard region is a place we live in a lot in the field so I wouldn't be happy with the lighter mono.

I've bought 7mm 154 gr Interbonds in the last year. My favorite bullet for close range shots with a magnum rifle - at high impact velocities it dumps a lot of energy without ruining a lot of meat. But I use ELD-X's for longer shots.

If I were hunting with a 7-08, I'd probably use an ELD-X.
I just grabbed four boxes of those this year too haven't had a chance at them yet

I have a couple of boxes of the 154's and one partial box of 162's if you need some. i started using Berger 168 gr. in my 7mm WSM loaded to a mild 2850 fps. I've killed javelina, pronghorn, deer, aoudad and elk with that bullet, but never closer than 200 yards. I hunt open country. The high sectional density insures it will penetrate well. The explosiveness guarantees DRT. The high B.C. guarantees it will maintain velocity and energy. I've heard that sometimes the tip gets mashed and they will pencil through. Hasn't happened to me, but I bought a pin drill to make sure they're open before a hunt.