7mm build input?

Like what mudrunner said! Sent out some brass with very thick, out of speck necks and never informed any customers. Made for some very dangerous loads. It's hornady brass and had a very short life. This is why I am building a 7mm Blaser. Norma brass and better case design.
Do you have a case drawing of the 7mm blaser? I have a 7LRM and haven't been impressed with the brass neither.

Do you have a case drawing of the 7mm blaser? I have a 7LRM and haven't been impressed with the brass neither.

7mm Blaser Magnum
6E26534B-F6E6-4007-A904-0AA3023DCDC7.png

Thank you......case capacity is around 86 grains? Has a LONG neck, so usable case capacity due to neck loss probably similar to the LRM.
With the 7mm RemMag having an average H2O capacity of 82 grains, the 7mm Blaser is basically just a beltless version of the 7mmRM. Ballistically they should be nearly identical. Personally, I don't have any problems with belted cases, but some people do. And for brass availability and ammo availability, the 7mm RemMag is going to be much easier to find than 7mm Blaser.

Just my opinion.

With the 7mm RemMag having an average H2O capacity of 82 grains, the 7mm Blaser is basically just a beltless version of the 7mmRM. Ballistically they should be nearly identical. Personally, I don't have any problems with belted cases, but some people do. And for brass availability and ammo availability, the 7mm RemMag is going to be much easier to find than 7mm Blaser.

Just my opinion.

Yes you are correct on most but should have a little more velocity than the rem mag.

Yes you are correct on most but should have a little more velocity than the rem mag.
5 grains of powder in a magnum isn't going to equate to much. When you look at smaller capacity cartridges, it makes a difference, but once you reach a certain capacity for a specific bore size, your improvements take more powder to achieve.

I wouldn't give it more than a 25 FPS (possibly up to 50) real world advantage. On the drop charts, that won't equate to much.

5 grains of powder in a magnum isn't going to equate to much. When you look at smaller capacity cartridges, it makes a difference, but once you reach a certain capacity for a specific bore size, your improvements take more powder to achieve.

I wouldn't give it more than a 25 FPS (possibly up to 50) real world advantage. On the drop charts, that won't equate to much.

I guess we will see! No belt, longer neck, wider body with less taper...sounds better to me. To each their own.

There is very little information on this round?

Not sure HOW it manages to make more fps with smaller case and less powder?

I gather because it is a lesser known wildcat that no formal pressure testing has been done?
Contact "elkaholic" on here... His name is Rich Sherman. It's one of his cartridges, he can tell you everything you want to know about it.

As for higher pressures, certain cartridge designs allow for higher chamber pressures and still remain in the safe zone.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.