7MM Allen Mag Questions for all

BBs will throw a much larger trail then even my rifle because his velocity is higher.

As far as terminal performance, the big 338s will certainly have more authority at 2K, ballistically, they are dogs compared to the 7mm AM with the 200 gr ULD RBBT at 3300 fps or higher. There is no comparision.

Even my big 338 AM is only marginally superior ballistically out to 2K compared to my 7mm AM.

Still for on game performance, the larger 338 frontal area is more authoritative on heavier game I would agree.

Kirby Allen(50)

I shoot the 160 noslers at 3500 with great results, my shooting here in a normal year is limited to about 1k so the accubonds are all I need. loaded with 105-110 gr of wc872 accuracy stays sub 1/2" at 100, and have shot one group off a bipod which was 1 7/8" at 660 yds. I shoot small whitetails mostly from 500-700 yds with stellar results, listen to kirby, he'll steer ya right.
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.