7mm-338 lapua imp

So does the rebated boat tail out perform the VLD? I went to your sight and the bullet looks really cool. What kind of BC do you get out of the 200grn 7mm? Thanks for your time.

Tank

The idea behind a rebated boat tail is to keep muzzle gases from refocusing in front of the bullet. The purpose is to increase accuracy. The rebate also helps the bullet opturate better as compared to a tradition boat tail - again to increase accuracy.

The trade off is a slight reduction in BC, everything else being equal - ogive, meplate diameter, weight, length, boat tail length and taper, etc.

About the BC of our 7mm 200gr. RBBT ULD bullet, customers have reported using anything from .85 to .91 to get their drops to match. We have sent some out to get independently tested. Once we get the results, I'll post them.

About performance, that all depends on your definition of performance. Since they are the only 200gr. 7mm bullet on the market I can honestly say that they are the best performing 200gr 7mm bullet in every category of performance. :)

Thanks. Do you have any in stock? How do I go about paying for them?

They are not in stock and orders are coming in faster than I can make them.

I can't make them fast enough because of some other obligations that have me tied up until June.

Local reg's won't allow me to hire someone since I make them in my garage. Still waiting on ATF approval to move out of my garage an into a building where I can hire people.

These 7mm 200gr RBBT ULD's are really nice long range hunting bullets. Wish I could get them in more peoples hands.

Along that line, when do you expect the .338 265g AT RBBT's to be in circulation again? Price? I've got one here that Kirby sent me some time ago and I'd sure like to have the option to shoot it soon.

You mean the "ORIGIONAL" 265g AT RBBT? :D Wishfull thinking: mid-summer.

Last edited:
That looks very promising Ken! Have you chrono'd it yet. What's the big deal withy the 338 Norma mag as a parent case. Any advantage besides the shorter COAL?
30-338:cool:

I just built a 7/338 Norma Imp. and took it to the range today for the fist time and so far it looks pretty good I will take chronograph next time. Ken
DSC01307.jpg

That looks very promising Ken! Have you chrono'd it yet. What's the big deal withy the 338 Norma mag as a parent case. Any advantage besides the shorter COAL?
30-338:cool:
The shorter COAL is a big advantage for me as I test it more we may find more, you can track my results on this other forum. When I test the 180 Berger's that you have sent I will post the results, thanks again John for your help.

Ken:D
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/7x338-norma-35-deg-improved-53157/

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.