7mm+270WSM-Brass-???????

wildcat

Hey-guys;-if-I-go-with-the-7mm-WSM-I-want-to-use-the-Norma-brass.-So-is-it-easier-to-neck-up-the-270-WSM-brass-to-7mm-instead-of-using-the-Norma-300-WSM-brass.-If-I-use-the-300-WSM-Brass-I-will-have-to-fireform-right?-but-if-I-use-the-270WSM-brass-all-I-have-to-do-is-neck-it-up?-and-of-course-have-the-reamer-made.-Help;-please!!!

I use Norma brass in my 7mm wsm but its has been chambered using a 7mm/300wsm reamer,all I do is neck the bras down in 2 stages using by redding neck die with 2 different bushes then I neck turn to make sure the brass ic concentric,you can get a die to neck down in 1 go but I dont like doing it like that I would rather take 2 bits of the cherry so to speak so not to ruin or deform the brass,takes a bit longer but whats the rush
Forgot to add after all this necking and re sizing I anneal before firing

I'm 95% sure you can just put a boat tail .284" bullet on the .277" case mouth and seat it ---> you're done!

the 7mm wsm and the 300,270 wsm brass does not have the same dimensions. the 7 wsm has @ 2.5-3 grains more capacity. the shoulder on the 7wsm is blown forward more than the shoulder on the 270,300 wsm's. You will need to fire form the brass if you use the norma brass.

d-a

So;-would-it-be-better-to-use-the-300-WSM-and-neck-it-down-to-7mm-and-then-fire-form-the-case?-Thanks-guys-for-your-help-so-far.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts