7mm 180 grain Berger, Thick or Regular?

bwaites

I am working up some loads to try for a new 7MM WSM and have heard good things about the Bergers.

But I'm confused about whether to use the Thick or Regular jacket, or if anyone has seen a difference.

I also am wondering about JLK bullets, who has a 180 grain VLD rated with a BC of .735, which is the highest BC I have seen on any 7MM bullet.

I will be loading Reloder 25 and 4831SC, but will also try a few others.

Bill

According to Berger, the THICK bullets are not for hunting. But then again Sierra says that about their Matchkings. :>)

I am working up some loads to try for a new 7MM WSM and have heard good things about the Bergers.

But I'm confused about whether to use the Thick or Regular jacket, or if anyone has seen a difference.

I also am wondering about JLK bullets, who has a 180 grain VLD rated with a BC of .735, which is the highest BC I have seen on any 7MM bullet.

I will be loading Reloder 25 and 4831SC, but will also try a few others.

Bill

If you are going to run them above 3,100 fps, get the thick. Berger does NOT recommend the thick for hunting purposes.

JeffVN

I run 71 grains of Retumbo in my 7mm Rem Mag with the regular 168 VLD's

they are running 3040 fps at 4895 asl.

never a problem yet and man do they work on Game....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.