7MM 180 bergers

Berger recommends 1-9 twist but there is a bunch of people shooting them through a 1-9.5. They should shoot fine.

Berger recommends 1-9 twist but there is a bunch of people shooting them through a 1-9.5. They should shoot fine.

Im not sure how you can say they should shoot fine when the bullet manufactor reccomends a 1-9. We all know that different guns shoot differently. You could have a 1-9 that wont shoot them good just because the gun dont like them. I say buy a box or even just try some sample ones there are some places that will sell them to you by the bullet. Try them out and see if they will work. If they do great if they dont then move to the 168s. I tried the 180s in my 1-9.5 and could not get them under 1.5" group so i moved to the 168s and they work great. Hope this helps.

Do you know the altitude you will be shooting them at? This will determine whether a 1-9.5 will work. Email Walt Berger and give him as much info as you can and he will be able to help you out. I shoot the 180's just fine with a Remington 1-9.25. I shoot/hunt at 5-9000 feet.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.