7mm/08 AI velocity confirmation

yes please share some load data...
48.0 grains under 120 TTSX, 2.8" Is good for 3150 FPS in my short barrel Steyr Scout. Superb accuracy, very low deviation (don't remember exactly). No signs of pressure. I use nothing else now for the 7/08's.
*This Is my data that works great for me. USE AT OWN RISK!

I shoot a 7SAW - it's a 7mm/08 with the shoulder/neck junction set back to give a 30 degree shoulder. No other changes to the 7mm/08 dimensions and fire forming is not required. It uses SRP brass; I'm using Lapua 308 Palma brass. My rifle is fitted with a 20" barrel and I shoot it suppressed, resulting in an overall barrel length with suppressor a tad over 26".

That little cartridge pushes the 150 ELD-X at 2848 fps (LabRadar verified), and I'm running a full grain of Varget below what I determined to be max pressure in my rifle. I don't think you will have any problem reaching those velocities in your longer-barreled AI version.
What is you Varget load?

Yeah, that's more of what I see posted. But by the time you adjust for a 20" barrel, do you think you could still pull 3000+ with an AI version like Jarret Rifles claim? https://www.jarrettrifles.com/pet-calibers.html

Jimbires velocity numbers would seem to match up with a short barreled improved cartridge.
Old thread I see but Yes, the improved case more than makes up for the short barrel.

yes please share some load data...
I shoot 46 grs of RL-17 behind a 145 gr Barnes LRX with CCI BR-2 primer and Lapua brass. I get 2844 from a 22" barrel on my fierce Firearms CT Carbon Edge and 2770 from a Browning A-Bolt micro medallion and Weatherby Camilla both with 20" barrels. Good accuracy, all one shot kills on African plains game and DRT shot on Mule deer at 475 yards in CO with that Fierce Rifle.

Hey, here's another 145 LRX load: 49.5grs of StaBall, Rem 9.5, Fed case, 2823 fps, SD 8, 0.433 three shot group at 100yds. Shot out of a 700 w/22 inch barrel.
Take Care

Always wondered if I was going to buy a 7mm, especially if a semi or full custom how I could possibly do any better then or need any more performance than offered by a 7mm WSM or other 7mm short magnum variant.
I still regret to this day having to back out of buying a 7mm WSM as I have a butt load of great high BC .284 bullets and equally great performing powders and match primers.

If you can find brass, I just don't see how a 284AI, 7mm RM or 7mm/08AI has anything on a 7mm WSM.

Always wondered if I was going to buy a 7mm, especially if a semi or full custom how I could possibly do any better then or need any more performance than offered by a 7mm WSM or other 7mm short magnum variant.
I still regret to this day having to back out of buying a 7mm WSM as I have a butt load of great high BC .284 bullets and equally great performing powders and match primers.

If you can find brass, I just don't see how a 284AI, 7mm RM or 7mm/08AI has anything on a 7mm WSM.
They don't. To each there own

What is you Varget load?
Apologies for the tardy response, but I've been out of pocket chasing Aoudad around the Devils River. Anyway, here's my load data:
  • Bullet: Hornady 150 gr ELD-X
  • Powder: 42.8 gr Varget
  • Primer: CCI 450
  • Brass: Lapua 308 Palma (small rifle primer)
  • MV: 2846 ft/s, 3.3 SD, 8 ES for 5 rounds through suppressor from a 20" barrel
Just remember that different lots of components will give different results, so be smart and work up your load carefully.

I shoot heavy loads. Mine are 168ABLR on top of 46.8 grn of staball at 2.800 mag box length. I think I can push the out just a little to like 2.83 or 2.85 but I thought I may have jammed on cycling. CCI BR2 primers also and hornady brass. Velocity is 2685fps. I've been dabbling with the 150ELDX also.