7mm-08 ackley improved

jotrot

I was wondering what I would gain with the 150gr. bullet out of a 24in. barrel ?
so I'm looking for feed back who has one or had one.

thanks joel

Here is an old thread on the subject:

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/anyone-use-7mm08-ackley-here-42955/

--------------------------------------------

As making the 7-08 improved listen to JE Custom's opinion. IMO the 284 win is the way to go rather than make an improved 7-08. Why bother when you could have a 284 win with no case forming with dies, and load data easily available? The argument of not being able to find brass has been solved.

Bullets.com has arranged to have Norma make them brass. ''Bullets.com's contract with Norma calls for advanced production methods to make sure the new brass is truly "match-grade" and long-lasting. To ensure that primer pockets stay tight for many firings, the caseheads on the new brass will be double-stamped for improved hardness and strength. Additionally the new brass will go through an additional draw stage to ensure ultra-uniform casewall thickness.''

Norma to Make 6mm Dasher and .284 Win Brass for Bullets.com « Daily Bulletin

I have a 284 win, my 5th in 30 yrs and I will ALWAYS have one in my collection. It is a wonderful short action cartridge. If there is an issue, some rifles won't feed this cartridge well but some simple gunsmithing can fix that.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.